Casino Literary Magazine is a biannual online literary journal featuring works of high stakes fiction written by new, emerging, and established writers who aren’t afraid to take narrative risks.
As our name implies, we want our writers to take chances. Surprise us. We don’t know exactly what we want, but we know it when we read it. Send us that piece you’re afraid to submit to those hoity-toity places.
Next Reading Period
Our next open submission period will be from August 1, 2019 – October 15, 2020.
- Submissions are only accepted electronically through our Submittable page. No exceptions.
- All submissions should be original, previously unpublished work. (Your submitted work can not have been published on any website, including your own personal website.)
- Entrants may submit only one submission per reading period.
- Length: We are looking for stories between 2,500 and 7,000 words. Anything shorter or longer may be considered, but if it’s longer than 7,000 words, the work needs to earn its extra space.
- Times New Roman Font. 12-point type. One-sided. Double-spaced.
- Place author’s name and contact information on the first page.
- Prominently place word count on your first page.
- If you want to submit a cover letter or short bio, please include it as the first page of your submission document.
- Number all pages and include the work’s name and author’s last name in the footer.
- Simultaneous submissions are allowed but don’t be a dick about it if your work is accepted elsewhere – let us know!
We encourage writers of all backgrounds and experiences to submit their work. Providing a platform for underrepresented and authentic voices is integral to our editorial vision.
We pay our contributors. If your story is selected for publication, we will play a game of chance to split up our jackpot. The jackpot is dependent on the number of submissions received (and is funded by artists’ submission fees plus a $100 donation from our founding editor). Minimum payment is $25 per story.
Casino Literary Magazine purchases First North American Serial Rights; all rights revert to the author upon publication in CLM.
Please do not email us about the status of your submission until three months after you completed your submission.
For questions. email our staff at email@example.com.