We are currently closed for submissions.
Casino Literary Magazine is an annual online literary journal featuring works of high stakes fiction and poetry by writers who aren’t afraid to take risks. We aren’t currently reading right now, but we can’t wait to read your work during our next reading period.
Next Reading Period
February 1 – March 31, 2022.
Fiction Formatting Guidelines
- Submissions are only accepted electronically through our Submittable page. No exceptions.
- All submissions should be original, previously unpublished work. (Your submitted work can not have been published on any website, including your own personal website.)
- Entrants may submit only one submission per reading period.
- Length: We are looking for stories between 2,500 and 7,000 words. Anything shorter or longer may be considered, but if it’s longer than 7,000 words, the work needs to earn its extra space.
- Times New Roman Font. 12-point type. One-sided. Double-spaced.
- Place author’s name and contact information on the first page.
- Prominently place word count on your first page.
- If you want to submit a cover letter or short bio, please include it as the first page of your submission document.
- Number all pages and include the work’s name and author’s last name in the footer.
- Simultaneous submissions are allowed but don’t be a dick about it if your work is accepted elsewhere – let us know!
We highly encourage writers of all backgrounds and experiences to submit their work. Providing a platform for underrepresented and authentic voices is integral to our editorial vision.
We currently pay our contributors. Payment amount depends upon the number of paid submissions we receive.
Casino Literary Magazine purchases First North American Serial Rights; all rights revert to the author upon publication in CLM.
Poetry Formatting Guidelines
We consider poetry of damn near any style. Please limit poetry submissions to no more than five poems with a maximum of 20 pages per submission.
Please do not email us about the status of your submission until three months after you completed your submission.
For questions. email our staff at email@example.com.